Here is Why I Need To Change The Studio Wallpaper

If the whole lot works out as deliberate, the house gymnasium can be completed this week. I solely have just a few small issues left on my punch checklist for that room. That signifies that subsequent week, my consideration will lastly be on the studio, and I can’t wait to get that room completed up!

One factor that has been bothering me concerning the studio is the wallpaper. I really like the wallpaper, and but, there’s one thing that has been bothering me about it for fairly a while. I had thought-about swapping it out for a very completely different wallpaper, however then so lots of you urged me to maintain. However I needed to determine what to do concerning the one factor that bothered me about it.

Right here’s what I don’t like about it. Up shut, I believe it seems to be nice. However from a distance, the darkish purple flowers flip into blotches of darkish purple, and so they appear to dominate the remainder of the wallpaper.

That is wallpaper that I designed myself, and sadly, I misplaced all of my unique footage when my laborious drive crashed, together with the complete sized image that had each single flower on a distinct layer to make it simple to maneuver and edit every flower individually. However final week, I noticed that I might go into my Spoonflower account and obtain the file (the big wallpaper image) that I uploaded to have the wallpaper printed.

So I did that, after which my mother helped me through the use of Photoshop and separating out the 2 flowers that I don’t actually like (the darkish pink and the darkish purple) and placing these on separate layers within the picture file in order that I might edit these particular person flowers individually.

I’ve labored with it some this weekend, however I nonetheless don’t have it precisely like I need it. Right here’s what the unique wallpaper seems to be like…

Right here’s what it seems to be like with lighter purple and pink flowers…

I undoubtedly like that purple higher, however once I tile the image to see what it could appear like as wallpaper, now plainly the 2 purple flowers are too shut in colour, and now purple dominates the wallpaper.

And I don’t need it to go too pastel. However I do assume it’s an enchancment. So I’ll do only a bit extra tweaking, order a pattern, after which re-wallpaper the entire wall.

Right here’s one other comparability. It is a nearer view of the wall with the present wallpaper with the actually darkish purple flowers…

And right here’s a mock up with the lighter purple and pink flowers.

They undoubtedly want extra tweaking as a result of I don’t need that a lot purple dominating the wallpaper. However I do need to get this proper as a result of, as I’ve already shared, I plan to do some adjustments within the again entry of this room, in addition to the lavatory. And proper now, I’m contemplating utilizing this wallpaper on the partitions of the again entry. I’m nonetheless arising with an total plan for this entire room, however I believe I do need to use the wallpaper someplace aside from this one wall. So it needs to be proper!

Does this remind you of something? I did the wallpaper mural in our grasp lavatory twice to get it proper, and right here I’m doing the wallpaper within the studio twice to get it proper, additionally.


In wanting on the tiled picture above, I do assume that the purple flower is simply too mild and pastel, and that’s probably not what I believe the flower wants. It simply wants extra definition in order that it doesn’t appear like a darkish purple splotch from throughout the room.

So I attempted enhancing it once more, and this time, reasonably than lightening the entire flower, I simply tried so as to add mild to the shadows. After which I eliminated among the pink from the purple in order that the colour could be noticeable completely different from the opposite purple flower. Right here’s what that appears like…

It would want extra tweaking, however I undoubtedly like that higher than the sunshine pastel purple flower that I initially turned it into.